A summary of the statement of the Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman, Yahya Sari’, at the unveiling ceremony of the Fater-1 and Thaqib-1 Air Defense Systems:
– Fater-1 has been in the battlefield from 2017.
– Fater-1 is capable of dealing with F-16 and F-15 warplanes and Mirage and Typhoon.
– Fater-1 has been deployed in the northern areas this year.
– Fater-1 shot down the American MQ-9 UAV in the sky of Al-Hudaydah and recently the American MQ-9 UAV in Zamar.
– Thaqib-1 was implemented from October 1, 2017.
– Thaqib-1 fought against Apache helicopters in southern Al-Hudaydah battles.
– Our Air Defense Force has carried out targeting 72 operations against enemy drones that have downed dozens of UAVs.
– Also, 45 operations were carried out against the enemy fighters, some of them were downed and some others suffered losses.
– Also, 49 Operations were carried out against the Apache helicopters in various fronts, with 6 of them being shot down.
– Our Air Defense Force plan is to deploy these systems throughout Yemen.
– 2018 was the missile year and this year is the Drone year and next year will be the year of Air Defense.
Images of the Ansar Allah’s new Air Defense System named Fater-1
Ansar Allah released the images of the US MQ-9 drone shot down in Zamar sky and intercepts of the UAE F-16 fighter by Fater-1 air defense system
The US MQ-9 UAV was shot down by the Yemeni Air Defense System on August 21, 2019. pic.twitter.com/zlFy1Xxu29
— IWN (@A7_Mirza) August 24, 2019